There are dozens of topics covered in this bromantic episode of scatterbrained banter.
Like what? To start off: tracking gut bacteria, favorite documentaries, keys for novice meditators, startup lessons, Kevin’s new obsessions, and more. O-tanoshimi dane!
The last few blog posts have been rather serious, so this is intended as an informal (but still informative) mind snack.
Select show notes and links are below. Some good stuff in this episode’s resources…
LINKS FROM THE EPISODE
- My No-Soap, No-Shampoo, Bacteria-Rich Hygiene Experiment – NY Times article
- How to Keep Feces Out of Your Bloodstream – Article by Robb Wolf
- The 30-Day Challenge: No Booze, No Masturbating (NOBNOM)
- Lift – The app that help you reach your goals
- Headspace meditation app
- Calm meditation app
- Sam Harris, PhD on Spirituality, Neuroscience, Meditation, and More
- Drugs and the Meaning of Life
- Sup App – Explore the world through one-way live video!
- Lumosity -Brain Games & Brain Training
- Oculus Rift
- Foundation Episode 36: Tony Fadell
- www.Hodinkee.com – Top wristwatch blog
- Swatch SISTEM51 wristwatch
Movies and Documentaries:
Books Mentioned in the Episode
- Grain Brain by David Perlmutter
- Antifragile: Things That Gain from Disorder by Nassim Taleb
- The Black Swan by Nassim Taleb
- Fooled by Randomness by Nassim Taleb
- Jesus’ Son: Stories by Denis Johnson
- Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson
- Cat’s Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut
What would you like us to talk about in the next episode? Anything we should test out and report back on?
Posted on: August 22, 2014.
Please check out Tribe of Mentors, my newest book, which shares short, tactical life advice from 100+ world-class performers. Many of the world's most famous entrepreneurs, athletes, investors, poker players, and artists are part of the book. The tips and strategies in Tribe of Mentors have already changed my life, and I hope the same for you. Click here for a sample chapter and full details. Roughly 90% of the guests have never appeared on my podcast.
Who was interviewed? Here's a very partial list: tech icons (founders of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Craigslist, Pinterest, Spotify, Salesforce, Dropbox, and more), Jimmy Fallon, Arianna Huffington, Brandon Stanton (Humans of New York), Lord Rabbi Jonathan Sacks, Ayaan Hirsi Ali, Ben Stiller, Maurice Ashley (first African-American Grandmaster of chess), Brené Brown (researcher and bestselling author), Rick Rubin (legendary music producer), Temple Grandin (animal behavior expert and autism activist), Franklin Leonard (The Black List), Dara Torres (12-time Olympic medalist in swimming), David Lynch (director), Kelly Slater (surfing legend), Bozoma Saint John (Beats/Apple/Uber), Lewis Cantley (famed cancer researcher), Maria Sharapova, Chris Anderson (curator of TED), Terry Crews, Greg Norman (golf icon), Vitalik Buterin (creator of Ethereum), and nearly 100 more. Check it all out by clicking here.